DementiaMatters provides a conducive educational experience for all participants. We provide continuing education credits for all facility employees to maintain their certifications as well as facility educational training to maintain their state required credentials. Families are empowered through learning with awareness, knowledge, skills, techniques and strategies to understand and/or care for someone living with dementia. All professional caregivers who go through DementiaMatters training will earn a “Specialized Dementia Care Provider” certificate.
DementiaMatters is a non-profit 501(c)(3) business that is run by Mrs. Sue Vantine, Executive Director and Eleanor Wilson, Director of Operations.
DementiaMatters also employs Certified Dementia Trainers to teach “A Walk in the World of Dementia” training program.
- Never ARGUE: Instead AGREE
- Never REASON; Instead DIVERT
- Never SHAME; Instead DISTRACT
- Never LECTURE: Instead REASSURE
- Never say ‘REMEMBER”: Instead REMINISCE
- Never say “I TOLD YOU”; Insteaqd REPEAT
- Never say “YOU CAN’T”; Instead say what they CAN DO
- Never CONDESCEND; Instead ENCOURAGE
- Never FORCE: Instread REINFORCE